domingo, 5 de janeiro de 2014

The extra special use for the waffle iron I got for christmas!

Hi everyone!

Today's recipe is made in a waffle iron but it's not waffles it's actually... Brownies! Chocolate, of course. Chocolate is good in everything, but especially in brownies.

I got this super simple square waffle iron for christmas (my boyfriend spent the entire year listening to me whine about how much I wanted one and surprised me with it) and obviously since then I have been making waffles non stop. One of these day's I'll share my go-to plain waffle recipe but today is something special... Today we're making (macro friendly - as almost always) Waffled Chocolate Brownies!


(The pictures are kind of nasty but all I had available was my iPhone so... Sorry!)

The recipe makes 4 square waffle brownies (or 2 large belgian ones, depends on your waffle iron), it's super fast and available and the macros are awesome:
87kcal
14g Carbs
1g Fat
6g Protein
(6g fiber)

Good for eating 1 or 2 if you're cutting calories, good for eating 17 if you're bulking.



So here's the recipe:

What you’ll need:


  • 60g (1/2 a cup) self raising flour
  • 30g (1/4 of a cup) cocoa powder
  • 40g (3 1/2 tbsps)Stevia Sweetener
  • 60g (1/4 of a cup) egg whites
  • 120ml (1/2 a cup) skim milk
  • 50g (4 tbsps) Sugar free applesauce



How to make them:


  1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl until dry mix is uniform;
  2. Add in wet ingredients at random;
  3. Mix it all up until it’s silky smooth;
  4. Drop in batter in iron, close iron, cook up;
  5. Add all sorts of toppings (I used sugar free plain yogurt sweetened with Stevia and Reese's Peanut Butter toppings) and EAT!





Let me know if you tried them and how you liked them!

Love, 
Lu *

P.S.: Here's a little tease of tomorrow's recipe... (110kcal each and no butter btw!)



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário