quinta-feira, 9 de janeiro de 2014

5 minute mini & maxi chocolate cake-in-a-mug

I like cake.
And I like easy.
I like fast.
And I like cake.

This was a poem.
Or not maybe not I don't know but there will be cake in this post, fast and easy cake(s).

Ever since I started flexible dieting I have learned a lot about oowey goowey desserts that *fit my macros* and tried them (almost) all but my favorite of all day and that I have been consuming on a daily basis are mugcakes. Chocolate ones. Toped with some more chocolate.
With these cakes there is no "I can't cook", "I haven't got the time", "I am too lazy" or "I don't know how to use my oven". You don't need anymore than 5 minutes and you don't need to even look at your oven, you just have to step in the kitchen and grab a bowl and a spoon. Done.
They practically make themselves.
I make them in all kinds of sizes to fit not only my macros but also my hunger levels (which are almost always very high but sometimes just mild - not very often though)
Another amazing fact about these cakes (besides the fact that they are cakes and have chocolate) is that they require 0 to no clean-up except for the mug/dish/bowl with cook and eat them in and the spoon you use.
In this post I'll share with you the recipe and macros for 2 sizes of soft and warm mugcakes so you can fit them to whatever you wan't, and I'll also post some options for topping combinations I have tried and love. Like these:

Single serving 5-minute-mugcake - 2 sizes!

If you’re not very hungry or dining alone...

Ingredients:

  • 20g self-raising flour
  • 10g cocoa powder
  • 10g sweetener
  • 65g egg whites (or 1 egg - if mix is too think add about 1tbsp of milk)

Macros (for the recipe with egg whites):
117kcal
18g Carbs
1g Fat
10g Protein

OR

If you’re a big eater like me OR are sharing with someone who deserves it:

Ingredients:

  • 40g self-raising flour
  • 20g cocoa powder
  • 20g sweetener
  • 130g egg whites (or 2 whole eggs and about 2 or 3 tbsps milk)

Macros (for the recipe with egg whites):
240kcal
31g Carbs
3g Fat
19g Protein

How it works:
  1. Prepare and weigh ingredients;
  2. Toss dry into a microwavable mug and mix very well - add liquid and mix again;
  3. Microwave for 1 minute straight and then 30seconds boost until it’s fully risen and the middle is not soft (check with your fork);
  4. Apply toppings of choice;
  5. Eat!!

Topping ideas I have tried and LOVE:
- Banana & a drizzle of peanut butter,
- Vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup,
- Jell-o pudding (vanilla, butterscotch, chocolate or chocolate fudge) paired with any of the above;
- All of the above with Reese's pieces and/or M&Ms or Reese's miniature cups,
- Any kind of fruit with chocolate syrup;
- Be creative!!

Notes
  • Microwave powers may vary, ALWAYS keep an eye on your microwave while the cake is cooking;
  • If not using self-raising flour add baking powder - about 5g (1tsp)

Try them and get addicted like me... I just can't have enough of them.


Love,
Lu *





P.S.: AH gotcha, no preview today!

2 comentários:

  1. I really like your recipes :)
    Keep going on!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Aw thanks a lot! It's great to get some support, you're my first received comment :)

      Eliminar