domingo, 26 de janeiro de 2014

Mega munchies XXL cookie: super easy AND super delicious!!

So i was just browsing around food blogs (all I do actually, I love looking at food) and I came across a XXL cookie on Sally's blog and decided I just had to try it and tweak it and boy did I ever... I have been making one a day every day since I first made it to test it... In fact, I am having one right now!

(Yes, hardcore Zelda fan here!)

They take about 3 minutes to prepare and 10 or 15 to bake and are just YUMMY.
You can make one super large one or divide the dough into 4 smaller ones and enjoy them throughout the day instead of all at once (I am more of an all-at-once kind of person).



These are not particularly low in calories but hey, they're a dessert, they are awesome and one's gotta live every now and then, right?


I have been trying lots of different variations and will be posting them but for now I'll stick to the basic chocolate chip version :)

Here goes the recipe, enjoy!

Servings: 1

Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp (15g) softened butter;
- 1/3 of a cup (45g) self-raising flour;
- 2 tbsp packaged egg whites (or 1 egg white or 30ml egg whites);
- 1/2 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract (opcional);
- Toppings to taste (chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, Reese's Peanut butter cups, etc!)

How to:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and prepare (grease or place parchment paper) baking tray or silicone mat; 
- Place all ingredients except a portion of the toppings (for example if using 2 tbsp chocolate chips only add 1 tbsp into the dough and save the rest to top it) in a bowl and mix very very well, it should form a very thick dough;
- Place dough into tray or mat and top with remaining toppings as you wish;
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are brown and enjoy!


Nutrition (plain cookie no toppings!):
203kcal
33g Carbs
4g Fat
8g Protein
(1g Fiber)



2 comentários:

  1. the cookie looks amazing ! really like your recipes keep them coming !

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks a lot!
      This blog is not very updated though, follow the facebook page: www.facebook.com/cookingwithlu :)

      Eliminar