terça-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2014

Juicy roasted chicken with herbs & spices (and a bit about my family!)

Another recipe, yet again... But this time it's not a dessert!
I'm not going to be able to keep up with this thing of posting 1 recipe a day so don't get used to it!

Anyways, today I am posting a simple well seasoned roasted chicken I made the other day and everyone loved it so I thought I'd share :-)


I should tell you a little more about me, just so you kind of understand why I am always in the kitchen and cook everything at home even though I live at my mom's.
I live with my mother and 2 older brothers (dat family selfie...):


And our puppy Kobe (he's such a cutie!):


AND our cat Chica (she's nice too but a bit bossy for my taste):


Anyway enough with the family photos...
Ever since I started flexible dieting and counting calories and macros I find it easier if I am the one cooking around the house so my mom is, obviously, super pleased about that (no more cooking and some weightloss yay!) and so are my brothers because I make foods and desserts they like and still call them "diet" foods.

Now on with the food!!


To make this recipe all you're going to need is: chicken (obviously), sal, garlic powder, garlic cloves, 1 lemon, butter, white pepper, thyme, rosemary & cayenne pepper (omit this last pepper if you don't like spiced up food)

It's fairly easy to make, you just have to pay attention to the cooking times if (like me) you aren't very experienced with or just can't figure out your oven.


All you have to do is mix all the spices together in a bowl and make a paste you will use to rub in the chicken and pop it in the oven - it's simple but tastes great and is extra juicy AND you won't even have trouble with dish-washing: you'll only need to wash one bowl and the baking tray.
I like to have this (and everything I eat actually) with green beans (I am addicted don't tell anyone) but you can also have it with plain rice or seasoned rice or in a wrap. I guess you can have it anyway 'cause it's SO tasty.


Here goes the recipe, hope you try it and love it as much as me and my family did!

What you'll need:
  • Chicken as you like it (whole or parts - I used 5 leg quarters and one breast quarter);
  • 1 lemons cut in quarters;
  • 10 peeled garlic cloves;
  • 2 tbsps of butter;
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder;
  • 1 tbsp white pepper;
  • 2 tbsps thyme;
  • 2 tbsps rosemary;
  • 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (omit if you don't want it hot);
  • Salt (to taste - I used 1 tbsp);


How to:
  1. In a bowl place all the seasons except for the garlic and butter and mix well;
  2. Add in the butter and 3 finely chopped garlic cloves and microwave for about 15 seconds until the butter is softened and you can form a paste with the season mix;
  3. Prep the chicken: place it in a baking tray (doesn't need to be greased) and under the skin place one garlic clove in each part (if using one whole chicken place several garlic cloves under the skin), place the lemon quarters anywhere close to the chicken in the tray and then with your hands rub the seasoning paste prepared earlier everywhere you can (be generous!);
  4. Place in the pre-heated oven a 180ºC / 350ºF for about 1 and a half hours upping the temperature to 450ºF in the last 10 minutes for the skin to grill;


Macros:
Well it's chicken so...
Protein: OVER 9000!!!

Hope you try it and enjoy it, let me know if you do!
Love,
Lu *

P.S.: You know I wouldn't leave without leaving a preview of tomorrow's recipe...



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário