terça-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2014

Little 55kcal lemon sheet brownies with strawberry & chocolate sauce: YUM!

Long time no post!
Lately I haven't had enough time to cook, final week of final exams is ending... And I am SO relieved!
Today I woke up craving something lemony so I spent the entire morning thinking what should I whip up to post for you guys... Then when I was I the gym it came to me: skinny brownies! But I knew I had to include chocolate somehow (we all know I am a HUGE chocoholic)...


And also, today I am celebrating my first blog partnership! A local traditional items shop decided to support me and my blog by supplying the porcelain dishes, trays, and all things kitchen for me to make beautiful pictures, made me so excited to see my blog / page(s) growing :D


Anyway, about the brownies!
I was thinking about making them tall and fluffy and filling them with the strawberry-chocolate sauce but then I thought otherwise and decided to make them kind of like a sheet cake and instead top them with the sauce and YUM, best idea ever!!
The texture is amazing and that lemon flavor... Delicious! I love the chocolate-lemon combination and the strawberries in the sauce give it just a little bit of texture that's just marvelous.


If you make them "sheet" like the recipe is good for about 20 of them, but if you want them taller just use a smaller taller baking tray and it'll probably make 12 or 16 :-)
My math was done for 20 sheet-like brownies and the 55 calories are INCLUDING the sauce!!


Here goes the recipe, enjoy!

Little 55kcal lemon sheet brownies with strawberry & chocolate sauce:

Ingredients:
- 180g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour;
- 20g (1 tbsp) baking powder;
- 10g (2 tsp) cornstarch;
- Itty bitty pinch of salt (like 1/2 tsp);
- 1 egg;
- 100g (3/4 cup) egg whites (or another whole egg);
- 1 tsp vanilla essence;
- 1 fat free sugar free yogurt (125g = 1 cup);
- Zest of a lemon;
- Rind of half a lemon;
- 50ml (3tbsp water - room temperature);
- 100g (3/4 of a cup) sweetener (or 200g (1 1/2 cups) confectioner's sugar) : Taste it before it goes in the oven because your lemons may be too sour compared to mine and the mix will be acid so you can add some more sweetener/sugar to taste!

For the strawberry filling:
- 250g (2 cups) fresh strawberries;
- 50g (1/2 cup) sweetener (or 100g (1 cup) sugar - may differ, depends on the cocoa you are using: add a little bit and then go by taste);
- 10g (2 tsp) cornstarch;
- 20g (1tbsp + 1tsp) cocoa powder;

How to:
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt & sweetener and mix well;
- In a smalled bowl mix all remaining ingredients and mix well;
- With a spoon make a well on the ry ingredient mix and pour in wet ingredients;
- Mix with stand mixer until light & fluffy & making small bubbles;
- Put in the pre-heat oven at 375ºF for about 30 minutes;
- While it's in the oven put strawberries & 1 cup of water into a saucepan and then add in cocoa powder, cornstarch & sweetener;
- Let this simmer until it starts to thicken and then turn off the heat and leave to cool a little until brownies are ready to come out of the oven;
- Pour sauce all over the brownies or serve separated and enjoy!!





Nutrition (16 servings using egg whites and 0kcal sweetener):
55kcal
1g Fat
10g Carbs
2g Protein


Come back again for an amazing recipe for homemade chicken burgers: 90kal each & packed with protein!!


Love,
Lu *



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário